Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Who Let the Dogs Out?

....................... We did!

In Andrew Clements' book, Dogku, he writes:
An idea knocks:
I open, think, and smile.
And then it's your turn.

            This dog-gone, charming book is written in traditional Japanese haiku form.  Each three line poem has 17 syllables, written in a 5/7/5 syllable count.  
       The girls modeled haiku writing with the inspiration of their favorite furry dogs.  


    Really cute and small

    Big and furry brown eyes
    Soft fur black and white

      






Small tiny pink leash
Dreams of bones and other treats
Good night cute Snowball

Soft grass high trees, cat
Chasing time teasing cats, woof
The cat won, now angry, grrrr

We'd play together
How I helped her and fed her
Because she was old

I am scared, bath time
I rolled in mud, dirty slush
So I am hiding

She looks good with gold
Muffin is the cutest dog
I wish we met once

Sound asleep all day
Playing all night, no rest
I'm a happy dog

Fluffy, old, pretty
I love her, she loves me
Friends forever






  

         We dedicate our dogku writing in loving memory of Honey Webb, Muffin Orlando, & Kelty Rogers.